Tangy Peanut Thai Salad


I love this salad and enjoyed it as a quick meal this week. It was super easy and used one of my absolute favourite processed foods. I know you probably just re-read that and are thinking did she just say the p-word? 

Although processed foods are usually higher in fat, sugar and salt. Some (and I mean a very few) processed foods are actually healthy and just make your life a little easier. Like my favourite - shredded cabbage. If you've ever shredded a cabbage before and are anything like me in the kitchen (a bit of a mess) than you know its a messy job.


I add shredded cabbage to salad, sandwiches, stir-fries and soups. And of course you can use it to make coleslaw or just saute it with a little onion and serve as a side. I find having shredded cabbage on hand makes it easy to add to almost anything you make.





Salad

  • Diced chicken , cooked
  • Shredded cabbage mix 
  • Arugula (spring mix or your favourite greens)
  • Cilantro
  • Chopped peanuts or sesame sticks (optional)

Salad Dressing

  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp chili sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
  • 1 garlic clove minced

Directions

  1. Whisk all salad dressing ingredients together. 
  2. Toss salad dressing with cabbage and greens.
  3. Top salad with chicken, cilantro, peanuts or sesame sticks. 

Enjoy!
Shannon RD
Registered Dietitian

Comments